This DNAapp will create several data extract files for use with Banker’s Toolbox BAM application. The BAM application reviews transactions for suspicious activity, for instance, money-laundering suspects. This application would typically be run daily.
For Financial Institutions using Banker’s Toolbox BAM product for BSA compliance and fraud prevention, this application automates the process for supplying the needed information from the DNA system.
This DNAapp produces the following extract files:
Customer Data Files:
- Customer.DAT – This data file contains detailed information (name, address, TIN, phone, etc.) for every customer, person or organization tax owners an account of the Financial Institution.
- Account.DAT - This data file include the customer’s Account information. The types of accounts sent to BAM can be selected based on the input parameters below. If the input parameters for MAJOR/MINOR are left blank, all the accounts will be included.
- Relationship.DAT – This data file contains information that will assist in determining account to Customer relationships. By default all Tax owners are included plus any Roles specified in the Relationship Role Code parameter.
- AccountAddress.DAT – This data file will include all additional address available for the account (The address that is extracted to the Accounts file will not be extracted to this file).
- Teller_YYYYMMDD.DAT - A daily Teller Transaction file will include over-the-counter Customer/Account and possibly non-customer monetary activity entered via teller software at all branch and support centers. Only transactions where the fund type for the transaction is CASH will be included in this file.
- ACH_YYYYMMDD.DAT - This file will include both incoming ACH transactions posted to Customer Accounts and outgoing ACH transactions originating from Customer Accounts.
- ATM_YYYYMMDD.DAT - The ATM Transaction Data file will include authorized customer Account activity occurring at an ATM location or POS vendor.
- Monetary_Instrument_YYYYMMDD.DAT - This file will include data relating to the purchase/sale of Monetary Instruments (MI), also known as Official Checks, Money Orders, Traveler’s Checks, etc. If a monetary Instrument transaction was included in the Teller Transactions File, it will also appear in this file. All MI’s (monetary instruments) will be included in the MI file, not just those not included in the teller file. The teller file layout does not have enough detail for the actual MI.
- MonthTotal.DAT – This data file includes the monthly transaction totals for each account.
The data extracted to the monetary instrument file is based on the run time parameters (MJCD/MICD/CASC). If these parameters are left blank then the program extracts data for all accounts types irrespective of the product (major and minor) and status for all account and monetary files, other than the Monetary Instruments File. If any value is entered in the Major or Minor Product Code Parameters, data will be limited to accounts within those products. For example, if ‘CD,SAV,TD’ is entered in the Major Product Code Parameter, no transactions associated with a General Ledger (Major Code ‘GL’) will be included in the extract.
If the Major Product Code Parameter and the Account Status Parameter are both populated, but the Minor Product Code Parameter is left blank, accounts will be select based on Major and Status, no restrictions will be placed on the Minor. The same is true if either Major or Status is blank, and another combination of the three is populated.
Transactions will be included in the Monetary Instruments File following the same logic as above (Major and Minor parameters must be blank, or accounts Major and Minor code must be included in the parameters), and the transaction types must be listed in the BAM Monetary Transactions (8BMT) Rtxn Reporting Group. The set-up script adds the Official Check Issue (CI), General Ledger Receipt (GLR) and General Ledger Disbursement (GLD) transactions to the reporting group. Please add or remove transactions based on your business needs.
For CI (check Issue) transactions even if the Hold account number is not filled in when processing the transaction, the program would check to see if the transaction(CI) was either a parent or a child transactions and would find the appropriate member account number (from where the funds came) and extract it to the Holds account number field in the MI file. If the Hold Account number was filled by the teller when processing the CI transaction, then the program will extract that value to the file. This change will impact only the MI file and Check Issue (CI) transactions only.
The Calculation Variable will be removed from the application – going forward, the hold account number information will always be included in all applicable files.
The Last Deposit date for an account will be extracted based on the transaction types listed in the BAM Deposit Transactions (8BMD) Rtxn Reporting Group. The set-up script adds the all the transactions that have ‘Deposit’ or ‘Payment in the description and PaidinYN = ‘Y’ to the reporting group. Please add or remove transactions based on your business needs.
This DNAapp is compatible with DNA 3.0 or higher. You will need to download and install the Configuration Toolkit which will configure DNA to load and manage DNAapps. This toolkit is included in the DNA release CD since DNA 3.3 and will be updated here whenever a more recent release is available.
Click here to access the download page
Please note this DNAapp also requires the Fiserv DNAapp Performance Tool.
Click here to download the Fiserv DNAapp Performance Tool.