Overdraft privilege (ODP) information and maintenance options of a checking account are presented in several locations and formats in DNA. Significant time and knowledge are required for a user to collect ODP account information and/or provide maintenance to ODP options of an account. The Overdraft Privilege Maintenance DNAapp consolidates this information into a single screen to save time and better serve customers/members.
The Overdraft Privilege Maintenance DNAapp provides all ODP related information and maintenance options for a given account on a single new screen. The newly created ODP Maintenance screen is available under both Deposit Account Maintenance and Relationship Profile menus. It provides not just a centralized location for a financial supervisor to manage ODP options, such as ‘In OD Program’ and ‘Reg E OD Opt In’, but also an ideal tool for frontline personnel to quickly browse an account’s ODP information including available balance, draw accounts and their balances, max overdraft allowed amount, and total funds for transactions.
In either Deposit Account Maintenance or Relationship Profile, after a user selects a checking account and clicks on ODP Maintenance, the ODP Maintenance screen will appear in the same tab displaying data in two sections: ODP settings and Account Information.
This section displays ODP options. If the application is launched from Deposit Account Maintenance, the ComboBoxes are enabled indicating that selections can be altered; if the application is launched from Relationship Profile, the combination boxes are disabled indicating the values are for viewing only.
- In OD Program: Yes/No value indicating if the account is in the ODP program. In case this option has never been applied to an account, an empty value is displayed. A record will be created or updated in ACCTUSERFIELD table using the user field code, ‘PSMX’ by default, defined by ‘InODP_UserFieldCd’ variable when it is updated in Process.
- OD Program Status: an enumerated list indicating the status of the ODP of an account. In case no OD program status has been applied to an account, an empty value is displayed. The available values populated to the dropdown list are retrieved from USERFIELDVALUE table using user field code, ‘PSOD’ by default, defined by ‘ODPStatus_UserFieldCd’ variable. A record will be created or updated in ACCTUSERFIELD table using user field code, ‘PSOD’ by default, defined by ‘ODPStatus_UserFieldCd’ variable when it is updated in Process.
- Reg E OD Opt In: Yes/No value indicating the choice of a member/customer in Reg E OD Opt In. In case this option has never been applied to an account, an empty value is displayed. A record will be created or updated in ACCTENTITYATTRIBHIST table using ENTITYATTRIBCD code, ‘REOD’ by default, defined by ‘AcctEntityAttribCd’ variable when it is updated in Process.
- Max OD Allowed: an enumerated list indicating the max allowed amount of ODP for the account. This value should be 0 when In OD Program flag is set to No. The available values populated to the dropdown list are retrieved from EXTINTFVARFROMVALUETOVALUE table based on the FROMVALUE string, ‘Premium_Overdraft_Amount_Awarded’ by default, defined by “MaxODListString” variable. A record will be created or updated in ACCTMEMOBALTYP table using MEMOBALTYPCD code, ‘MOVD’ by default, defined by ‘AcctMemoBalTypCd’ variable when it is updated in Process.
In case the Max OD Allowed value of a specific account is not in the Max OD Allowed available value list of the system, a warning message box with a message saying “This account has a Max OD Allowed value of <amount>. This value is not in the system’s Max OD Allowed available list.” will be popped up. After the user closes the popup, the processing will continue and the value will be added to the dropdown list for this account.
The maximal OD allowed amount dropdown list can be configured to any available external Interface code/external interface variable where the data type code for the ToValue is numeric, and the FromValue is string and the value need to be same as set by configuration variable “MaxODListString”.
If any of the four options is altered by a user with update permission, the changed value will be persisted into DNA database after the Process button is clicked. In case of updating failures, a message box will be popped up listing all the failed updates but not the succeeded updates.
Note: If a non checking account (ex. Savings) is selected, this section is displayed but disabled with empty values.
This section displays ODP account information of the selected account in text boxes. The text boxes are always disabled indicating the values are read only.
- Current Balance: Current balance of selected account.
- Available Balance: Available balance of selected account. It is consistent with what is displayed on DNA Banner, which implies the ‘Availability Methods’ settings are honored in displaying this value.
- Draw Account Available Balances: the total available balances of the all draw accounts of selected account. The ‘Availability Methods’ settings are honored in displaying this value.
- Draw Account Available Balance Detail: detailed draw account list of selected account including account number, description, and available balance.
- Available OD: the available amount for overdraft that is calculated in the way below:
IF Available Balance > 0 THEN
Available OD = Max OD Allowed;
IF (Max OD Allowed + Available Balance) > 0 THEN
Available OD = OD Allowed + Available Balance;
Available OD = 0;
Since Available Balance used in this calculation is affected by ‘Availability Methods’, the result of this calculation is also affected by the settings.
- Balance Available for Transactions: the calculated amount of total funds available for transactions of the selected account. The calculation is based on the formula below:
Balance Available for Transactions = Actual Available Balance +
Draw Account Actual Available Balances +
The actual available balances of the selected account and its draw accounts are the accounts’ internal available balances instead of the displayed account balances, which are affected by ‘Availability Methods’ settings. The account minimal balance and account holds are considered in this calculation. For draw accounts, the actual available balances are determined according to the following scenarios:
- If the account is a loan account, the actual available balance is retrieved directly from DNA;
- If the draw account is a deposit account, the actual available balance is calculated using the formula below:
Available Balance = Current Balance – Minimal Balance
– Management Holds – Check Holds – Card Holds
Note: If a non checking account (ex. Savings) is selected, only Current and Available Balances and the calculated Balance Available for Transactions are displayed in this section.
Relationships (module) > Maintenance > Deposit Accounts > Maintenance > ODP Maintenance
Relationships (module) > Quick Inquiries > Relationship Profile > More > ODP Maintenance