The OnBase Web Services API was sunset by Hyland. The OnBase Unity API Interface DNAapp replaces the existing OnBase Web Services functionality with corresponding Unity API calls. As most of this interaction occurs in the background, few visible changes will be apparent to the user.
Note: Nautilus customers should not use this app. The OnBase Unity API Interface DNAapp is intended for use by Hyland OnBase customers only.
The OnBase Unity API Interface provides a real-time, two-way interface between DNA and Hyland’s OnBase Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software. Using this DNAapp, DNA users can transmit signature-embedded receipts, signature-embedded WMF forms created in DNA such as signature cards and scanned ID documents such as a driver’s license to OnBase. In addition, this module provides
• The OnBase Web Services functionality is replaced with corresponding Unity API calls. The OnBase ActiveX controls are replaced with a Web browser control that displays new versions of the ActiveX controls rendered from the OnBase Web server. The appearance and functionality is the same as the previous versions.
• The External Documents screen and associated OnBase functionality is moved from core DNA to the OnBase Unity API Interface DNAapp and enhanced to use the DocPop feature of OnBase using a Unity API interface.
• Improved error logging and reporting. Error messages displayed through the user interface are more descriptive.
• OnBase ActiveX controls with other methods to support non-Internet Explorer browsers.
• ID images displayed on the New Deposit Account Wizard screens, Document slideout, and the Relationships Dashboard screens using the Unity API interface are not supported.
The OnBase Unity API Interface DNAapp is a purchase only app. It is not available for trial.
New system-level variables were added to support the new Unity API External Documents screen.
The Unity API interface is now used with the following:
- The BusinessServices.dnax, which contains capabilities for archiving documents to OnBase.
- The DocuSign eSignature Archive application used to archive documents to OnBase.
- The display of driver's license images in the banner on the Relationship Profile and Transaction Express screens when the existing Display Person ID on Banner (DPID) institution option is set to Y and the existing OnBase PersID Banner Display (OBID) variable is set to Y.
Note: When the Document Storage Type (DOST) variable is set to ONBS, the most recent image displays in the banner on the Relationship Profile and Transaction Express screens irrespective of whether the UPDATE PRIMARY ID checkbox is selected or cleared on the Documents screen when the driver’s license image is archived.
The document storage user ID and password were migrated to SAF for non-Windows authentication.
- DNA® Release 188.8.131.52 or higher
- For institutions on DNA 184.108.40.206, the DNA-220.127.116.111.exe hot fix
- For institutions on DNA 18.104.22.168, the DNA-22.214.171.1241.exe hot fix
- Adobe 11.0.15 or higher
- Requires purchase or subscription to a third-party solution - OnBase by Hyland version 13 or higher. Third-party solution is not included in the price of this app.
The OnBase Unity API Interface DNAapp offers optional integration with DocuSign (no minimum level required), which must be purchased and configured to use the associated functionality.
Note 1: Significant changes by third-party vendors to their systems, files, and integration approaches that impact the functionality of this DNAapp are not covered under maintenance.
Note 2: Contact your third-party solution provider for instructions on configuring your third-party solution.