The Informant system runs its analytics against its own internal Oracle database. The DNA to Informant Interface provides a mechanism for that database to stay in sync with the DNA core Oracle database.
Every few minutes, the DNA to Informant Interface looks for changes to the core transaction table, the card transaction table, and the activity table that have occurred since the last time it looked. The activity changes are used to update member, account and card information.
For the initial data load and to recover from abnormal situations where member, account and card data gets out of sync with the core database, the DNA to Informant Interface provides routines for retrieving this data in bulk.
As in the DNA core database, all Tax ID and card number columns are stored encrypted. The key to decrypt this data must be manually provided every time the Informant system is booted up.
To accommodate Fiserv’s access requirements, the data is transferred strictly through the DNA Application (a.k.a. “SAF”) Server. The DNA to Informant Interface returns data from the core database, which is located at the Fiserv datacenter, to the Informant system, which is physically located at the financial institution’s own facility, over an SSL encrypted
1. The SAF server must be running DNA version 18.104.22.168 or higher.
2. The following index must be created in the OSIBANK schema of the DNA core database. This should be done during a maintenance window, or after hours and in a period of very low transaction activity, while no batch jobs are running that use the RTXN table.
a. If the database is Enterprise Edition:
CREATE INDEX OSIBANK.INFORMANT_RTXN_I1 ON RTXN(DATELASTMAINT) ONLINE TABLESPACE EXTNINDEXES;
b. If the database is Standard Edition (maintenance window recommended):
CREATE INDEX OSIBANK.INFORMANT_RTXN_I1 ON RTXN(DATELASTMAINT) TABLESPACE EXTNINDEXES;
3. Device with ID ‘INFORMANT’ must be registered on the SAF Server.
4. A user with the name ‘INFORMANT’ must be created on the SAF Server, and the password sent via secure email to the Informant team.
5. After the DNA to Informant Interface application is installed, user ‘INFORMANT’ must be granted access to the IFOL (‘Informant Service’) AuthItem.
6. The rest of the Informant system must be installed by Informant LLC or under the direction of Informant LLC. NOTE: The use of this application for any purpose other than as an interface to Informant or another product of Informant LLC is expressly prohibited, and is a violation of the copyright.